Remember when you had to be called into the house several times before you obliged because you were enjoying riding your bicycle? Well, now, you get to make bicycle riding a hobby, and you can do it all the time.
Bicycle riding is now more than a game or a fun activity. It has evolved into a wholesome undertaking that does both your mind and body right. It can be a form of exercise or relaxation activity.
Furthermore, bicycle tours are now common vacation options, and more people are choosing to partake in the rigorous yet exciting adventure. The advantages of bicycle tour vacations include;
- Interactions with like-minded people
- Mind reset
- Direct interaction with nature and culture
- Diverse learning opportunities
Factors to Consider When Taking a Bicycle Tour Vacation
It is easy to assume that all you need to do for a bicycle tour vacation is get a bicycle, pick a direction, set a destination, and start riding. These are part of the things you need to do, but other numerous factors that go into planning a bicycle tour vacation. Some of these things include;
- The condition of the bicycle you are planning to ride. You should have it checked out for any issues such as low tire pressure and brake issues. This gives you peace of mind as you are sure that it will serve you through the tour.
- The distance you are planning to cover is a crucial factor. Having a comprehensive understanding of where you are going allows you to focus on the destination. This will keep you going even when you feel like quitting.
- The financial requirements of the tour are essential in that you will only go as far as the provisions you have. Account for food, water, and other basic amenities. Also, ensure to set aside an emergency fund.
- Are you traveling alone or do you have company? This will ensure you define the tour from the word go. When you have company, you have people who watch your back. It also means that there is someone to cover you in case of an emergency.
- The amenities you need to carry, include a first-aid kit, tent, and sleeping bag. You need to get rested, especially through long-distance bicycle tours. You also need clothes, spare parts, and repair tools.
- The directions you will follow, define the terrain and landscape you will cycle through. Find the one with the least obstacles to avoid being slowed down.
- The state of your health is a vital consideration. The fact that bicycles are exercise tools does not mean that you should get on one for long distances without considering the consequences. Prepare adequately before deciding to go on a bicycle tour vacation.